- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Strategy and Tactics
Top lane: Elise, being a ranged champion in Human form, has a very easy time top lane, even versus other ranged heroes like Vlad. Use Q to harass, but keep enough mana to always have for a Q/E. The only true counters I have found for her are champions with insane regen, those being only Yorick and Cho'gath.
Mid lane: You should try to deny whoever is mid as hard as possible. I have versed the safest mids and have been able to deny them, such as Karthus or Morgana. Try to apply pressure to bot lane and the enemy jungle when possible, take advantage of her incredible roaming presence.
Videos coming soon!
The mid game and roaming
Mid game is where elise is at her strongest. Try to identify the strong points of your own team comp such as split pushing/baron control/team fighting and try to force those issues. Do this by keeping your creep wave permanently shoved. This will allow you to either harass the enemy champion under turret and dive him, or roam the map to try and make plays. While roaming try to keep track of enemy cooldowns (primarily their ultimate and flash cooldowns). This will allow you to choose the plays with high success rates.
The end game and team fighting
Elise's late game is significantly different from her early/mid game. Instead of jumping into the fight and relying on rappel to get to safety, Late game elise MUST rely on her cocoon for initiation. Keep your distance and look for openings to land a cocoon on a priority target. Depending on the enemy team's positioning it may be possible to engage of fight by cocooning a tank, however this relies on your team being able to burst the target. While sieging it's a good idea to toss our max range cocoons aimed at the enemy backline. If you are able to catch a priority target with a cocoon during your lategame it can secure a victory for your team.
When playing elise, be aware of your potential to dive 1v1. Elise is one of the strongest champions in the game for 1v1 diving due to the fact that her rappel breaks turret aggro. This means that you can harass effectively under turret and then rappel to an enemy minion to avoid tower shots.
Another tactic that can come in handy is using the neutral monsters to formulate great escapes. Be aware of the fact that you can rappel to neutral monsters that are out of vision for unique escape paths. As crazy as it sounds, sometimes the safest way to avoid a gank is to run into the enemy jungle and rappel to either a neutral minion,baron, or dragon.
Tips and Tricks
1. When zoning, stand in front of the enemy creeps, so that you can deny the enemy exp and gold, and harass them when they try to cs, but most importantly the reason for doing this is you have a very safe escape if the enemy jungler comes to gank, you can peel them with E and simply Spider form and Rappel into the enemy creeps for an easy getaway. You will need to be safe until Rappel is off cooldown though.
2. When in lane, if you need any health at all, go into spider form and simply stand until your spiderlings start attacking minions, press W and let them hit minions until the effect is expired, this will you around 30-50 health each time, and it is free to do and does not push the lane hard.
3. If you find yourself in a Rappel that you can not leap into an enemy for safety for, wait until your 2 seconds are up and immediately flash. 90% of the time the enemy will not see this coming and you will be able to get away in a situation where a regular flash would not let you escape
4. Combo is usually (human)E>W>Q>R>W>Q>???. If you are in a bush and an enemy is face checking you can probably human Q/W then stun em for more spider deeps.
Synergies and Counters
Blitzcrank goes well with Elise since if she hits a stun he can land a safe hook, resulting in a kill that often times a 5vs5 push will not allow.
Elise has massive poke, with an AP nidalee you will be able to poke the enemies at massive range and have very good disengage.
Ezreal goes well with Elise because of his poke as well. Along with this however is his innate ability to get away, he and Elise will give the enemies a run for their money in trying to kill them in fights.
Yorick: Having infinite sustain and good harass will make it tough for Elise to gain an edge on Yorick, he will heal through your Qs and out trade you if you fight him. Have your jungler gank for you until you get a kill on him, then you should be able to hold your own.
Cho'gath: Elise will win pretty hard in the early levels, but Cho'gaths sustain will quickly take hold later, especially when he gets magic resistance. Take advantage of the early level and try to get a kill, many Cho'gaths will underestimate your damage as they are not used to being close to killable. If Cho pushes the lane have your jungler come in for a gank.
Shen: He just has so much sustain and health it will be hard to ever bully him out of lane. He can start with 13 hp pots then get 17 negatrons and will just be an immovable object. And Elise can not punish him as hard as other champs when he ults to other lanes as she is a mediocre pusher.
Video Replays From Solo Queue
Pro Narratives While Playing
- Page 6 of 7