An AD carry is a ranged champion that focuses primarily on attack damage as their main source of damage. This type of champion goes bottom with a support champion and shine in the late game phase. Your job is to farm and get your big items that will help carry your team later on in the game.
Most Important concept of an AD Carry is Farming
If you have not already, you need to read this guide on last hitting. Being able to farm and hit almost every single minion will provide you the gold you need to buy the items to do significant damage. Without items, AD carries cannot shine; they simply do not have the base damage necessary to cut through enemy champions armor and items. When you are duo bot lane with an AD Carry, your support should also be helping you farm. This is all explained in the last hitting guide (especially when you are farming at tower).
Key things to remember
Positioning is key. You're a glass cannon for the most part and a vital part of your teams overall DPS. AD carries provide the most sustained DPS to any team and you need to be aware of your position in a team fight to avoid AoE damage and other spells, crowd controls, and other harmful things that can stop you from auto attacking.
If you can't get at the valuable targets like their AD carry and their AP carry auto attack whoever you can. It's better to auto attack something then nothing running around trying to chase down enemy champions. Most of the time you'll be doing a lot of damage to their bruiser / tanks anyways if you've built right so don't be afraid to auto attack tanks and other hard to kill targets if that's the only thing you can hit. Just hit anything you can, all the time. Value those high priority targets when you're able to get to them.
- Make sure to farm all game, this is the most important thing for AD carries
- Harass in lane and go for the kill when you have the chance, getting a kill in the lane phase puts you so far ahead of the enemy AD
- Try to synergies with your support player, you need to communicate with this player since they do most of the work for you
- Positioning is really important, you're a glass cannon, so stay behind your team in most situations
- Don't wander off alone, you need to stay with your team or farm safely in lane unless you know what you're doing
AD Carry Champion
- Berserker's Greaves
- Infinity Edge
- Phantom Dancer
- Last Whisper
- The Bloodthirster
- Guardian Angel
- Banshee's Veil
- Trinity Force
- Mercurial Scimitar
- Blade of the Ruined King
- Frozen Mallet