The guide has been fully updated, and a lot has been changed and re-written as of 10/29/13. With the meta shifting even further to being purely based on hyper aggression, I figured it was about time to give the guide a large update. As always, feel free to ask any questions or leave any comments below. Thanks, and enjoy!
Also, come watch me stream! If it's not currently live, you can always check out some of the archived replays.
I do my best to offer quality commentary while playing. If I'm playing ranked, you will get to listen in to my team's communication. I play and stream Twisted Treeline games exclusively.
I would highly appreciate it if you come check it out! I'll do my best to provide you with enjoyable, high quality Twisted Treeline games to watch. Thanks!
About the Author: Yetti
My name is Yetti, and I am a Challenger 3’s player. I have more than 2000 games on the new map (over 900 are ranked games), and have played all 3 roles extensively. I've been playing League of Legends since March of 2012. I am an avid student of the game, and always striving to improve. I hope you enjoy reading this guide as much as I did writing it! Make sure to leave any feedback or questions you have in the comments below, or on my facebook page. I will respond as soon as I can.
Follow me on facebook! http://facebook.com/yetti3v3
Twisted Treeline in general is much faster paced than Summoners Rift. It has two lanes that are relatively close together, and a small jungle between them. It’s hard to go for more than a couple minutes and not skirmish with the enemy team. While farming is still extremely important, team-fighting and early dueling are much more prevalent on this map. This is why early game champions tend to be better picks. If you like fast paced, action packed games that require a lot of team coordination, I would suggest you give Twisted Treeline a try!
This picture gives an overview of the map. As you can see, there are two lanes that curve towards each other, three jungle camps and an altar on each side of the map, a Ghost Relic in the middle, and a giant spider boss named Vilemaw at the top. The map overall is much smaller and more compact than Summoners Rift, and as such confrontations happen much more frequently.
There are no wards on the map. This will feel really weird and different at first, but eventually you get used to it, and realize it's for the best. Since the map is so small, good map awareness goes a long way in being able to predict where the enemy is, and what their next move will be. Also, there are items (Grez's Spectral Lantern and Hextech Sweeper) that give temporary vision of an area, which can save you from face-checking a bush full of enemies.
- Minions spawn: 1:15
- Minions meet: 1:37
- Jungle monsters spawn: 1:40 (50 second respawn timers)
- Ghost Relic: 1:55 (90 second respawn timer)
- Altars unlock: 3:00
- Vilemaw spawns: 10:00 (5 min respawn timer)
Twisted Treeline Buffs:
- Each champion starts with 825 gold.
- All champions passively gain up to +150% bonus mana regeneration based upon their percentage of missing mana (e.g. 0% mana gives +150% regeneration, 50% mana gives +75% regeneration). This helps the viability of AP champions that rely on mana.
- Ghost Relic: Replenishes 94-315 health (based on champion level) and a small amount of your ability resource. It also grants a brief speed boost
- Crest of Crushing Wrath: Received for defeating Vilemaw. Gives bonus health and mana regeneration, 30% attack speed, and 20% cooldown reduction.
- Altars: One altar gives +3 gold per unit killed. Two altars give +10% AD and AP. (Altars will be discussed more in the ‘Strategy’ section.)
- 2/8/13 - Guide completely overhauled and re-written.
- 2/13/13 - Items section added.
- 2/24/13 - 'Videos/Replays' section added, including a Jungle Kayle replay.
- 3/7/13 - Added stream information and updated the Tier List.
- 3/18/13 - Fixed some grammatical errors throughout the guide. Updated the 'Picks and Bans' section. Changed some of the recommended team comps. Added a 'Counter Picks' sub-section (still a work in progress) under the 'Picks and Bans' section.
- 3/19/13 - Updated the 'Jungling' section. Added a 'Dealing With A 1v2 Lane' sub-section to the 'Laning' section.
- 3/20/13 - Slight updates to the 'Items' section. Added more to the 'Counter Picks' sub-section.
- 4/22/13 - Tier list updated. Added more to the 'Counter Picks' sub-section.
- 6/24/13 - Tier list updated. Added more to the 'Counter Picks' sub-section. Combed through the entire guide and cleaned up some sections, changed a few recommended champions, and updated starting item suggestions for AP junglers.
- 7/5/13 - Finally made it to Challenger. Tier list updated.
- 8/5/13 - Tier list updated.
- 10/15/13 - Tier list updated. Huge overhaul to the list. Items section recieved a large update. Changed a few things here and there throughout the guide.
- 10/29/13 - Huge update! Rewrote and overhauled a lot of the guide to better match the current hyper aggressive meta. Added more to the 'Counter Picks' sub-section. Tier list updated. Added a Jungle Riven replay. (There may be some grammatical errors here and there that I will try to clean up tomorrow)
- 10/30/13 - Updated items with the changes from the 3.13 patch. A lot of TT specific items got nerfed really hard. Almost to the point where a lot of them aren't even worth building anymore.
- Page 1 of 8