- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Skill Order and Passive: Illumination
- Lux's damaging spells charge the target with energy for 6 seconds. Lux's next attack ignites the energy, dealing bonus magic damage (depending on Lux's level) to the target.
This ability triggers when you auto attack a creep that has been hit by one of your damage spells (not Prismatic Barrier (W) ). In order to balance out Lux's damage, her Lucent Singularity (E) deals less than most other AP champions' wave clear abilities, so you will not clear ranged waves with one cast of Lucent Singularity (E) and instead need to auto attack after the spellcast in order to kill ranged creeps, unless you have large amounts of AP. Lux's passive is useful mainly for early game burst and killing the big wraith. If you are a poor last hitter, Illumination will help you greatly because of the bonus on-hit damage. Remember that your ultimate, Final Spark (R) triggers Illumination as well as applies it again afterwards to be triggered with another auto attack.
Q: Light Binding
- Light Binding
- Fires a ball of light, rooting the first enemy hit for 2 seconds and dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+0.7*AP) magic damage. The second enemy receives 50% of the effect.
- 50/60/70/80/90 Mana
- 15/14/13/12/11 Seconds
Light Binding (Q) can bind up to 2 targets, making it great for snaring bruisers who are charging in a straight line to your carries. Remember that Light Binding (Q) deals only half damage and lasts for half the snare to the second target it hits. Late in the game, you can use your Light Binding (Q) followed by a Lucent Singularity (E) followed by a Final Spark (R) to demolish most champions.
W: Prismatic Barrier
- Prismatic Barrier
- Throws Lux's wand to a target location and back, protecting herself and all allied Champions it touches from 80/105/130/155/180 (+0.35*AP) damage for 3 seconds.
- 60 Mana
- 14/13/12/11/10 Seconds
Lux's Prismatic Barrier (W) is the most potent shield in the game and is excellent for shielding squishy carries. This skill in conjunction with your Light Binding (Q) makes you great for impeding enemy bruisers who dive onto your carries. Remember that it can shield twice (once out and once back) like Sivir's Boomerang Blade and Ahri's Orb of Deception.
E: Lucent Singularity
- Lucent Singularity
- Creates a zone that slows enemies by 20/24/28/32/36%. After 5 seconds the zone detonates dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.6*AP) magic damage.
Activate again to detonate early.
- 70/85/100/115/130 Mana
- 10/10/10/10/10 Seconds
Lucent Singularity (E) is Lux's main area of effect move that you will be using to clear waves and harass opponents. It can slow all enemies in its radius, so only trigger the skill once you throw it out when enemies are at the edge of its range in order to maximize the usefulness of the skill. Lucent Singularity (E) is slightly lower in damage than most AP champions' wave clear skills, so I suggest auto attacking the back ranged creeps before throwing out Lucent Singularity (E) in order to make sure that creeps do not last hit the enemy minions.
R: Final Spark
- Final Spark
- Fires a dazzling ray of light dealing 300/400/500 (+0.75*AP) magic damage to all enemies in a line. Final Spark ignites and refreshes the Illumination debuff.
- 100 Mana
- 80/65/50 Seconds
Final Spark (R) is great for aiding ganks from far away, killing your lane enemy, stealing buffs, and clearing waves. Although I don't recommend using it frequently early in the game when you have low cooldown reduction and the skill has an innately high cooldown, use it when you are about to Recall so that the cooldown refreshes as you walk back to lane.
- Page 4 of 7