- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
- Boots of Speed
- Health Potion
- Vampiric Scepter
- Doran's Blade
- The Brutalizer
- Warding Totem (Trinket)
You want to take boots to start and focus on saving up for one or two dorans blades and a vamp scepter. The reason you want to get these items as early as possible is so that you may sustain in lane. With the nerfs to meditate it is not as reliable as it used to be. The idea here is to abuse your lifesteal quints with the sustain that dorans and the vamp scepter offer to stay in lane and farm as much as possible. Boots help you to maneuver around and assist side lanes when it is time to gank. They also help you exit lane and go to farm wraiths with alpha strike. Since alpha strike is such a good jungle tool you want to abuse it to grant you extra farm.
With the decrease in boots price you can now start with 4 health pots which with lifesteal quints offer enough sustain to last early. The quints also scale throughout the game making them one of the most effective options on Yi.
- Infinity Edge
- Youmuu's Ghostblade
- Last Whisper
The Infinity edge is your large source of critical strike and damage. It is is a much better option than blood thirster because of how strong critical striking and alpha strike crits are. You want this to be your first buy 90% of the time. The extra sustain blood thirster would have given you is covered by the life steal quints.
- The ghost blade is a solid source of attack speed, movement speed, critical strike and CDR. With the new cooldown lowering effect of alpha strike when you auto attack, cdr has become more effective on it. Since it also does physical damage the armor pen is much more effective. Since Highlander no longer refreshes it is important to have a second means of chasing opponents. The CDR also helps highlander be up more often. This should be your second buy almost all the time just because of the diversity of stats it provides.
- The last whisper helps you become the reset monster Ap Yi once was. It pierces even the armor of tanks along side the power of ghostblade. Since wuju style is now physical damage it becomes that much more effective. You can also Opt for Trinity force instead if you see very little armor.
- Phantom Dancer
- The Bloodthirster
- Ravenous Hydra (Melee Only)
- Trinity Force
- These items will finish your build into the late game.
- The Phantom dancer is a large source of critical strike and attack speed. This will help you greatly going into the late game and secure your place as one of the strongest duelist on the rift. You can even pick up this item after infinity edge before last whisper if you do not see your opponents building armor and just want to duel.
- Blood Thirster is a major source of lifesteal and damage however since the change of Yi to be more team fight oriented on dishing out aoe damage, it has fallen slightly inferior to the Hydra. It will still provide damage on alpha and grant you that single target basic attack damage. But it is better to cleave teams down with autos from hydra as well as sustain for being in the mix.
- Trinity force, with the numerous refreshes you are getting the trinity force becomes much more useful. Since highlander no longer resets having the extra movespeed and slow from trinity force is helpful. You can build this early or late. I perfer it late as Yi has major scaling now to heavy items, but the passives on trinity are strong for snowballing.
- Page 3 of 7