- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Strategy and Tactics
Standard Jungle Route
- Ancient Sentinel
As Nocturne you will want to get level 6 as early as possible while staying ready to gank enemies if a chance arises. You may skip some of these camps to get to do a level 3 gank. If no opportunities happen, keep farming. Remember, you're running Devourer, which means farming is very important to you!
Early 2 Invade Route
- Enemy Brambleback
Nocturne is a very fast jungler and 1v1 champion. If you are going to try invading your enemy at his Red Buff, make sure you grab one point in Unspeakable Horror, and make sure the enemy is susceptible to invades. Losing time doing an unsuccessful invade early on may be crucial to your game. Establishing early dominance may lead to you completely outplaying the enemy jungler, since you can steal the large monsters from his camps for Devourer stacks.
Strategy and Tactics
You want to farm a lot, but remember you're also a great 1v1 jungler as well as a good counterganker. Keep track of your enemy's movements by using wards, and try to get level 6 as soon as possible. If there's a chance to steal enemy large monsters for free, do it, as they'll count for your Devourer stacks.
As Nocturne you'll be engaging most of the time. Use your ultimate to get to an enemy who's out of position or simply use it to dive deep into the enemy team and comboing your ultimate with others in your team (Orianna, Leona). You do lots of damage but make sure to time your shield correctly, so enemies can't stop you from doing your job.
Tips and Tricks
- Don't ultimate too early when going into gank. Lots of time you'll think you'll be in range just by running up to the lane but if you do it too soon and aren't in range, you've wasted all your ganking power and have to wait the full duration till you can use it again. Don't do the mistake of blowing your ulti too early or you'll really regret it.
- Use your ultimate to scare away enemies from allies who are being ganked! Yes you can actually scare away enemies from your allies with your ultimate. If you see two people are diving top, or bottom, you can use your ultimate (in the right situation of course) to scare them away because they fear the incoming Nocturne counter gank on them.
- You do disgusting damage early game, so use that to your advantage and gank often! Nocturne's power is in his ability to gank and deal high damage early game. Make sure you abuse every chance you get to ultimate a lane and get kills as it will snowball the game for your team hopefully for a win.
- Farm a lot while your ultimate is on cooldown. It's your main ganking tool and you want to farm your Devourer up.
Synergies and Counters
Twisted Fate: The Roam/Gank Poteintal from these two together is notorious to be extremely lethal post level 6. Also catching a vital target can set up a dragon or baron. With this combo you can go for both the Damage and/or Tank approach when building.
Orianna: Orianna made a scorching comeback with the recent tournaments (EU Regionals and S2 Championships). A popular strat to do with pair up Ori with a diving champion. What champ better to do it with other than Nocturne. You may want to focus your build more on the tanky side being that you'll be sitting in 5 people and possibly soaking up most of the enemy team's damage.
Shen: He's an amazing partner when diving the enemy team. If he ults you, you'll be carrying him right onto the enemy carries and you can easily kill them, while making the enemy team focus the tanks, leaving your carries unharmed.
- Page 6 of 7