- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Strategy and Tactics
Don't last hit with Q! 10 or 20 ap is not that important Save Q to harss when the enemy champion is going to last hit.
Using your Combo to get kills
Your combo can literally one shot almost anything. Once your ultimate is up, just wait for the right moment and start snowballing off of kills.
Baiting brushes and using map control to kill facecheckers
Veigar can one shot targets, so sitting in brushes can really help you snowball. With map control and lots of wards, you can do this safely.
Full Game with Jacky Owning with Veigar
Using Stun Combo
When you use your stun, make sure to dark matter right after; even if you dont think it's going to hit. You should be using SMARTCAST and using both at the same time.
Tips and Tricks
- Smartcast everything but your stun. You do this by going to the keyboard settings and changing QWER to Smartcast instead of regular cast. This will eliminate your need to mouseclick the spell in order to cast it.
- Don't be afraid to spam your stun and dark matter to catch enemy champions. Make them fear your range; let them know you will kill them if they come close. Get into their mind.
- Your stun can be a great initiation. Nothing is better than Veigar's initiate because you instantly make the team fight a 4v5.
- Save your stun for when your jungler comes into the lane. Your stun plus your junglers damage will usually ensure you a kill.
Synergies and Counters
Veigar does well with any jungler that has a stun. If the jungler comes in and stuns - then they die because you burst. The best junglers to play when running viegar are those that cause crowd control so that you can get off easy stuns in lane and combo them. Examples are champions like Warwick, Moakai and Shaco.
There are a few counters to Veigar in lane, those champions are:
However, more importantly there are champions that counter Veigar during the mid and late game; examples of those champions are the following. They counter viegar becuase they can dive him, or they can prevent him from playing aggressive. For example with Ashe, veigar cannot harass and poke as he pleases because he can just end up taking an arrow to the face and dying. He then needs to play passive, which reduces the entire reason why you want to take veigar. The same holds true for Alistar, who can use his ultimate to break your stun and combo knock-up you into the air for the enemy team to chain cc you.
- Page 6 of 7