- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Strategy and Tactics
Don't always last hit with Q! 10 or 20 ap is not that important Save Q to harass when the enemy champion is going to last hit.
Using your Combo to get kills
Your combo can literally one shot almost anything. Once your ultimate is up, just wait for the right moment and start snowballing off of kills. The combo order is to use your Stun first then use Dark Matter because there is a delay before Dark Matter hits the target. After casting Dark Matter you want to use your DFG before it lands so it will benifit from the active. Follow it up with your Ultimate and your Q to finish up your Target.
During the mid game you might want to consider trading in your Warding Totem for a Sweeping Lens as vision control is really important on Veigar. If you are able to force someone to facecheck a brush you are most likely to be able to burst that person down instantly before they have time to escape. Using fog of war of also a great way to land your stun and nuke down a target.
Tips and Tricks
- Smartcast everything but your stun. You do this by going to the keyboard settings and changing QWER to Smartcast instead of regular cast. This will eliminate your need to mouseclick the spell in order to cast it.
- Don't be afraid to spam your stun and dark matter to catch enemy champions. Make them fear your range; let them know you will kill them if they come close. Get into their mind.
- Your stun can be a great initiation. Nothing is better than Veigar's initiate because you instantly make the team fight a 4v5.
- Save your stun for when your jungler comes into the lane. Your stun plus your junglers damage will usually ensure you a kill.
- When you use your stun, make sure to dark matter right after; even if you don't think it's going to hit. You should be using SMARTCAST and using both at the same time.
- When creating a pick sometimes a better to cast your stun behind the target so it keep the enemy team from being able to help him and it also traps the target.
Ideally in a team fight you want to land your stun on as many people as you can and instantly burst down the enemy carry. Because of your DFG you can use your combo to take down a tanky front line down to 20-30% health easily if you can read the back line. I know it using your burst on a tank does not sound ideal but being able to take down a tank quickly exposes the enemy back line. Generally you would want to use your combo on a high priority target.
Veigar does well with any jungler that has a stun. If the jungler comes in to your lane and crow control the opposing mid laners sets up an easy for Veigar due to the huge burst that he has. Even in unfavorable matchups Veigar always has that kill potential with a little help from the jungler.
Orianna is a pretty hard matchup for Veigar because of her ability to harass and zone. It's best the start flask here to sustain as much as you can in lane. Even though this is a hard match for Veigar he it is a really easy lane for the jungler to gank. Orianna would most likely to be pushing to you tower and overextend to be able to harass you. This allows the jungler and you to set up easy kill on her.
Gragas is melee so you will always have that ranged advantage on him and be able to harass with your auto attacks. You can start Doran's Ring and 2 potions here and as long as you can able to avoid his level 2 all in and harass from Barrels you should have able to do fine in lane. You both have kill potential on each other post 6 so it's really up to the junglers to be able to set up an easy kill for either one of you.
Similar to Orianna this is a really hard lane for Veigar for the same reason. Syndra has more of a kill potential on Veigar than Orianna because when she hits 6 she will able to nuke him down. Start Flask here also to be sustain in lane as much as you can.
You will have the advantage early due to the fact that Zed is melee. You can start Doran's ring here and as long as you dodge his WQ combo you should have no problems in lane. Post 6 Zed will have a kill potential but as long as you can land your stun and have Flash you should not die to him in lane. You can always grab an early Seeker's Armguard if you need to.
Ziggs is another champion that is really hard for Veigar to handle in lane. He has so much poke and harass in lane that Veigar should never be able to out trade him. Start Flask and try to farm and sustain in lane as much as you can. Still you will have kill potential post 6 with your ultimate.
You can start Doran's Ring here because Nidalee is not a very hard Matchup for Veigar. She won't be able to push you to tower and as long as you stay behind minion to dodge spears you should not have an issue laning against her. If she tries to wave clear or jump on you in Cougar form you can stun her and unleash your combo to kill her or bring her low.
- Page 6 of 7