- Quick Guide
- Author / Skins
- Item Build
- Rune, Masteries, and Summoner Spells
- Strategy and Tactics
Skilling Order and Passive: Challenge
Maxing audacious charge not only increases your damage greatly but also increases your crowd-control. The slow from this ability is amazing in ganks, and Xin Zhao is mainly a ganking jungler. Max Three-Talon Strike second for damage and reduced cooldown. Battle Cry is maxed last, but its still a very decent ability at rank 1.
- Xin Zhao challenges his target with his basic attacks and Audacious Charge, reducing its Armor by 15% for 3 seconds.
Challenge allows for you and your AD damage dealing carries to focus down a single target extremely quickly. It also allows for isolating a target after tagging an enemy champion and using your ultimate ability
Q: Three Talon Strike
- Three Talon Strike
- Xin Zhao's next 3 basic attacks deal 15/30/45/60/75 (+0.6*AD) bonus physical damage and reduce his other abilities' cooldowns by 1 second. The final strike also knocks the target into the air.
- 30 Mana
- 9/8/7/6/5 Seconds
Here are a few things worth mentioning:
• Cooldown timer starts after the third hit is landed, not when you first press skill.
• Only the third hit procs spell shields like Banshees
• Only the first hit resets auto attack timer.
• Each buff has about a 5 second duration.
• Attacks in three talon strike have a faster animation than regular attacks.
• Gives you a slight range increase.
• If you activate this ability before you are taunted, the effect will still go off. This is useful for stopping Galio's ultimate and when you are anticipating a taunt from Shen or Rammus.
W: Battle Cry
- Battle Cry
- Passive: Xin Zhao heals himself for 30/35/40/45/50 (+0.7*AP) every third basic attack.
Active: Xin Zhao unleashes a battle cry, increasing his Attack Speed by 40/50/60/70/80% for 5 seconds.
- 40 Mana
- 16/15/14/13/12 Seconds
This skill synergizes very well with Three Talon Strike and its own passive. The increased attack speed allows you to get Three Talon Strikes more frequently as well as sustain yourself better. The healing component also applies when attacking structures, as it's not a Lifesteal effect. You can also use it to bring turrets down surprisingly fast after a successful gank.
E: Audacious Charge
- Audacious Charge
- Xin Zhao charges and challenges an enemy. The charge deals 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.6*AP) magic damage to all nearby enemies and slows them by 25/30/35/40/45% for 2 seconds.
- 60 Mana
- 14/13/12/11/10 Seconds
This skill allows for you to gank really well as it acts as a gap closer and slow. In addition, you can use it to tunnel their carries effectively or just use it to peel for your carries. Along with initiating in team fights, you can use this skill to easily and more efficiently clear jungle camps because it has a small aoe damage and slow. Make sure you use Three-Talon Strike after this ability, so its cooldown is reduced by three seconds and you can stick to your enemy.
R: Crescent Sweep
- Crescent Sweep
- Xin Zhao unleashes a sweep around him that deals 75/175/275 (+1*AD) plus 15% of target's current Health in physical damage and knocks enemies back (max 600 vs minions and monsters). Xin Zhao gains 15/20/25 Armor and Magic Resist for 6 seconds for each champion hit.
Challenge: If a challenged target is hit by the sweep, it is unaffected by the knockback.
- 100 Mana
- 120/110/100 Seconds
Xin Zhao's ultimate is a very interesting skill with many uses. Firstly, you can use it as an extremely good peel for your carries working like a Janna ultimate however dealing a chunk of % HP damage. Secondly, you can use Audacious Charge on a carry follow up with Crescent Sweep to isolate the carry allowing your team to follow him/her down. Lastly, in combination with Flash or just coming in from behind, you can use it as a great initiate to knock the enemy into your team while having their team scattered. Thirdly, if you find yourself in a dangerous situation where escape is possible, you can utilize this ability to knock enemies backwards and run from danger. Lastly, when ganking, if counter-ganked, you can separate the enemy lane from the jungler and use this to focus down one target. It works very well with assassins who needs to jump from target to target after getting resets, such as Katarina and Kha'zix.
- Page 4 of 7