This Build Guide is for Elise Mid Lane and is written by Zakkers who is a 2500 ELO Player. Elise although very poor AP scaling can dish out quite a lot of damage with just her % bases and her army of spiderlings.
Karma is a poke heavy Support that excels at bullying in lane and kiting in teamfights. This guide is written by D4NN1 0C34N, a high ranked EUW Karma player.
Diana shows her being played as a Jungle. She has really good AP Ratios and she has a good clear time and great late game potential. She's a lot of fun and a great champion released by Riot.
Fiddlesticks is to be played in Support and is written by Elementz who plays for TEam Curse and most well known champion is Fiddle Support.
Guides are under construction in preparation for the Season 3 patch deploying soon - Please check back for new builds on all of your favorite champions. You can view the quick guides for the current patch here.
Zed is for the top lane and is written by Westrice who is a diamond rated player who plays for Team Curse. Zed is a physical damage AD caster that is meant to be played as an assassin.
Last Hitting · Assassin · Solo Lane · Pushing · Zoning
Elise is to be played in Top or Mid Lane and is written by Arthelon who is a 2600 ELO Player who played for mMe/Orb and now plays for Meat Playground. Elise is a complex hybrid of an AP, Assassin, and bruiser.
AP Carry · Solo Lane · Last Hitting · Assassin
Shyvana Build Guide is written by one of the best Shyvana players in the game, Saintvicious or "Stvicious" for short. He is a 2600 player who played for CLG and now CRS as a jungler. Hes a strong player and this guide is pretty awesome.
Vladimir Build Guide or Vlad build guide is for mid lane. It's written by one of the best Vlad players in the game, Salce who is now a member of team curse. Vladimir is a big lane bully and is a great teamfighter. If you can make it through laning, you can be a huge asset to your team.
Twitch is a stealth champion that was just re-worked and can be played as an AD Champion on Bot Lane. There are better champions for competitive play, but he's still playable in solo queue. He snowballs really well, while squishy can still dish out some major damage and does great with AOE team compositions.
This guide is for Udyr, a powerful jungler. You can play him as Tiger or Phoneix, this guide opts to show Tiger, an aggressive counterjungling and ganking strategy. It's written by Wallstop, former player for Goose as Jungler.
Xin Zhao the tanky damage assassin bruiser, who also can go top lane.
Jax is for jungle and it's by Saintvicious, a diamond rated player on League of Legends. This Jungle Jax Guide is great for solo queue play. Most competitive teams play him in top lane, but that does not mean you can't play him in the jungle and carry your team to get some ELO. Jax is a hybrid-damage dealing melee champion who is deceivingly tanky with just damage items. His kit allows him to do a lot of damage and stay in the fight for a long time with little items.
Xin Zhao build guide is extremely informative. You'll find Xin Zhao has an extremely strong early game as he has very high damage coupled with good crowd control. He falls off a bit mid game due to not being very tanky unless you land a good ultimate. The recent buffs to Xin have really helped him and made him playable in competitive play.
New Skins in the Store
League of Legends v.22.214.171.124
Hecarim, the Shadow of War
- Warpath (Passive) – Hecarim ignores unit collision and gains attack damage equal to a percentage of his bonus movement speed.
- Rampage – Hecarim cleaves nearby enemies dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+) physical damage. (50% damage to minions and monsters)
If Hecarim damages at least one enemy with this attack he gains a stack of Rampage, reducing the base cooldown of this skill by 1 second for a short duration. This effect can stack up to 2 times.
- Spirit of Dread - Hecarim deals 80/125/170/215/260 (+0.8) magic damage over 4 seconds to all nearby enemies. Hecarim is healed for 10/15/20/25/30% of the damage these enemies take from any source.
Hecarim cannot heal more than 60/90/120/150/180 health from minions.
- Devastating Charge - Hecarim gains increasing movement speed for 4 seconds. His next attack knocks the target back dealing 40/75/110/145/180 (+) to 80/150/220/290/360 (+) physical damage based on how far Hecarim has traveled during Devastating Charge.
- Onslaught of Shadows (Ultimate) - Hecarim summons spectral riders and charges forward, dealing 100/200/300 (+0.8) magic damage to anyone they strike.
Hecarim releases a shockwave when he finishes his charge dealing an additional 50/125/200 (+0.4) magic damage and causing neaby enemies to flee from Hecarim for 1 seconds.
Hecarim himself will only move to the targeted location. The riders will always move the full distance.
- Pyromania now works like other charged passives (activating a spell with the stun no longer builds a charge, but number of charges required to energize reduced to 4 from 5)
- Base armor increased to 20 from 17
- Base health increased to 530 from 510
- Fixed a bug where Shadow Dance's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (3)
- Fixed a bug where Twilight Shroud was not applying assists properly
- Updated recommended items
- Fixed a bug where Collateral Damage could cost mana and go on cooldown without firing
- Fixed a bug where Irelia was reducing the duration of Blinds and Silences by too much
- Fixed a bug around failing to fire any extra Transcendent Blades
- Relentless Assault (Passive) will now stack even if Jax's attack misses or is dodged
- Fixed a bug where Mantra's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (2)
- Divine Blessing
- Heal amount increased to 60/105/150/195/240 from 45/85/125/165/205
- Movement Speed increased to 18/21/24/27/30% from 15/17/19/21/23%
- Movement Speed duration increased to 3 seconds from 2.5
- Mana cost increased to 60/70/80/90/100 from 60/65/70/75/80
- No longer regenerates health in Icathian Surprise
- Howling Gale now knocks the target further into the air the longer it is channeled (now 80 + 10 per second channeled from constant 100)
- Mana cost reduced to 150/225/300 from 200/275/350
- Knock back distance reduced to 875 from 1000
- Sunlight now has a new particle
- Zenith Blade hit box increased slightly to match the animation
- Fixed a bug where Sunlight could occasionally cause double kills against targets like Kog'maw(Icathian Surprise)
- Fixed a display error for Lulu's passive - passive now correctly states how much damage Pix is doing.
- Fixed a bug where Pix could remain helping an ally after it had returned to Lulu.
- Fixed a bug where Lulu was taking damage credit while Pix was aiding an ally.
- Fixed a bug where Lucent Singularity's cooldown was 11 seconds instead of 10
- Fixed a bug where Seismic Shard's Movement Speed was lost if the target died
- Fixed a bug where effects like Guardian Angel broke Strut until she died and respawned
- Fixed a bug where Mordekaiser could cause minions to attack themselves.
- Command: Attack mana cost reduced to 50 at all ranks from 50/55/60/65/70
- Arctic Assault mana cost reduced to 70/75/80/85/90 from 70/80/90/100/110
- Glacial Prison cooldown reduced to 130/115/100 seconds from 150/130/110
- Ravenous Flock upkeep cost reduced to 5/6/7 from 5/7/9
- Basic attack frame speed increased
- Move Quick cooldown reduced to 17 seconds from 22
- Fixed a bug where Noxious Trap's recharge time wouldn't update with new ranks or cooldown reduction until reaching full ammo charges (3)
- Fixed a bug where Teemo's 'Toxic Shot' was doing less damage than intended at higher attack speeds.
- Tristana will now attempt to immediately attack champions targeted by Explosive Shot or Buster Shot.
- Fixed a bug where Vladimir could occasionally be hit by projectiles while in Sanguine Pool
- Fixed a bug where Ravenous Ghoul failed to heal Yorick before leveling up Decaying Ghoul
- Fixed a bug where Hexsplosive Minefield's slow effect was displayed higher than intended.
- * Time Warp mana cost reduced to 80 from 100
* Chronoshift mana cost reduced to 125/150/175 from 200 at all ranks
- Atma's Impaler Health to Damage conversion lowered to 1.5% from 2%
- Doran's Blade Health reduced to 80 from 100
- Doran's Ring Health reduced to 80 from 100
- Hexdrinker passive shield duration increased to 5 from 3.
- Wit's End combine cost increased to 700 from 550 (total cost increased to 2150 from 2000)
- Last Whisper will now show up as a Pickaxe upgrade in the item shop
- Champion XP/Gold Rewards
- Champions gain more experience for killing higher level champions (especially 2 or more levels) but less experience for killing lower level ones
- Maximum bounty for killing a champion on a long killing streak increased to 600 from 500
- Experience split when two or more champions are present increased; situations with two or more champions splitting experience now earn 30.4% more total experience than solo, up from 26.1%
- HP and MANA regen rates are now displayed on your HP and Mana bars
- Minion health bar toggle is now bound to Ctrl+L by default (instead of L)
- Monster regeneration sigils now restore up to 40 mana (from 30)
- Added floating status text (for example "Snared!") to some spells that were missing it (likeCassiopeia's Petrifying Gaze), and removed it from displacement effects that didn't need it (likeGragas' Explosive Cask)
- Fixed another bug causing double kills against targets like Kog'maw (Icathian Surprise)
- Added the rules for making a Summoner Name to the Summoner Creation screen when new accounts log into PvP.net for the first time
- Animated Combat Text
- Added animated text for all damage done
- Damage is now colored depending on what type of damage it is.
- Physical Damage = Red
- Magic Damage = Purple
- True Damage = White
- Legacy damage text can be enabled via the options menu.
- Damage is now colored depending on what type of damage it is.
- Added animated status text for CC effects and immunities
- Death Recap is now colored based on the damage type done
- Interface Options reworked to support new floating combat text.
- Fixed a bug where damage text would sometimes linger on the screen
- Added animated text for all damage done
- Announcement System
- Improved the priority and responsiveness of kill announcements
- Larger multi-kills will now take priority over smaller multi-kills by the same player (the smaller multi-kill will be dropped)
- The ACE! Announcement should now be more responsive
- Added first-pass animated kill announcement banners for Multi-kills and First blood
- Improved the priority and responsiveness of kill announcements
- Added first win of the day status to the summoner profile.
- Added a search function to the custom games list. Searches can be performed by game name or host name.
- Mastery Pages will now be stored server-side so they can be accessed from any computer.
- Lesser Mark of Warding Magic Resist reduced from .54 to .43
- Mark of Warding Magic Resist reduced from .75 to .6
- Greater Mark of Warding Magic Resist reduced from .97 to .77
- Lesser Glyph of Warding Magic Resist reduced from .83 to .74
- Glyph of Warding Magic Resist reduced from 1.16 to 1.04
- Greater Glyph of Warding Magic Resist Magic Resist reduced from 1.49 to 1.34
- Lesser Quintessence of Warding Magic Resist reduced from 2.5 to 2.22
- Quintessence of Warding Magic Resist reduced from 3.5 to 3.11
- Greater Quintessence of Warding Magic Resist reduced from 4.5 to 4.0
- Lesser Glyph of Insight Magic Penetration increased from .32 to .38
- Glyph of Insight Magic Penetration increased from .44 to .53
- Greater Glyph of Insight Magic Penetration increased from .57 to .68
- Lesser Quintessence of Insight Magic Penetration increased from 1.05 to 1.21
- Quintessence of Insight Magic Penetration increased from 1.47 to 1.69
- Greater Quintessence of Insight Magic Penetration increased from 1.89 to 2.18
- Lesser Glyph of Potency Ability Power increased from .55 to .66
- Glyph of Potency Ability Power increased from .77 to .92
- Greater Glyph of Potency Ability Power increased from .99 to 1.19
- Greater Quintessence of Destruction now grants +2 Armor Penetration / +1.3 Magic Menetration. Up from +2 Armor Penetration / +1.13 Magic Penetration
- Lesser Quintessence of Destruction now grants +1.11 Armor Penetration / +0.72 Magic Penetration. Up from +1.11 Armor Penetration / +0.63 Magic Penetration
- Quintessence of Destruction now grants +1.55 Armor Penetration / +1.01 Magic Penetration. Up from +1.55 Armor Penetration / +0.88 Magic Penetration.
Co-op vs. AI
- Added Sion Bot and Vladimir Bot
- Improved bots' target acquisition while near enemy towers to reduce amount of tower diving
- Improved bots' logic for assisting each other
- Bots now properly purchase elixirs after finishing their item builds
- Fixed a bug where bots would sometimes randomly path toward the enemy base
- The difficulty level of Co-Op Vs. AI games will now be displayed in the End of Game screen after each game
- Added the ability for the host of a Custom Dominion game to add bots to the game
If you're looking to stay up to date with everything League of Legends be sure to check out the video below! Curse's Pico sums up all the recent major events in the LoL scene in this Curse Update!
What is playLEGENDS?
playLEGENDS is a points cup series composed of four $200 cups where 32 teams compete for points. After the four points cups, the points are totaled and the top 8 teams are placed into a single elimination bracket for an additional $1,000 and in prizing. Sign-ups are open to all teams.
playLEGENDS is currently on Points Cup #4 and accepting sign-ups. Visit http://cyber-sports.net/event/playlegends-points-cup-4-sponsored-by-curse to sign your team up now!
Place Team Cup #1 Points Cup #2 Points Cup #3 Points Total Points 1 Team Brutal Force 31 8 36 75 2 APictureOfAGoose(mTw.NA) 36 31 NA 67 3 Team Green Forest NA 26 30 56 4 Team4NOT 12 22 NA 34 5 Curse Gaming 13 18 NA 31 6 RFLX(Team Legion) 13 NA 14 27 7 HoodStompGravesGG NA NA 25 25 8 TeamWE 25 NA NA NA 9 Subterfuge 12 NA 12 24 10 Keyd Team LOL NA 8 7 15 11 Twenties on your Titties 3 NA 12 15 12 Irrational Chaps NA NA 12 12 13 The Real Deal Gaming NA NA 12 12 14 DK NO NA NA 8 8 15 Dont Chase Bro 8 NA NA 8 16 Every Kill Counts 8 NA NA 8
Full Standings: http://cyber-sports.net/points/lol_cs1
Points Cup #1 Results: http://cyber-sports.net/brackets/19007
Points Cup #2 Results: http://cyber-sports.net/brackets/19481
Points Cup #1: $200 Winner – APictureOfAGoose (Now known as mTw.NA)
Points Cup #2: $200 Winner – APictureOfAGoose (Now known as mTw.NA)
Points Cup #3: $200 Winner – Team Brutal Force
Points Cup #4: April 23-24 9:30pm EDT (2:30am CET) Registration Period: 4/11 through 4/23, 7:30pm EDT
Finals: April 30 9:30pm EDT (2:30am CET) Top 8 teams from Points cup will be placed in the Finals bracket.
Teams will compete for $1,800 in total prizing. Each 1st place Finisher for Points Cups 1-4 will receive $200 each ($800 total for the 4 points cups). The Finals will be prized as follows:
- First Place: $600
- Second Place: $200
- Third and Fourth Place: $100 each
How to Sign up:
- Create an account: http://cyber-sports.net/user/register
- Make a team with a roster size of at least 5 members
- Join the event: http://cyber-sports.net/event/playlegends-points-cup-3-sponsored-by-curse
All matches will be streamed on the Cyber Sports Network Twitch.TV channel.
Monday matches are cast by Shaun “@FourCourtJester” Delaney and a guest.
Tuesday matches are cast by Colby “@colbycheeze” Williams and a guest.
Curse is one of the largest gaming-information properties worldwide, attracting more than 19 million unique visitors a month.* Consisting of 31 of the most sought after video-game-websites on the planet, Curse enhances the core-gaming experience with user interface add-ons, guild hosting, databases, wikis and breaking news. In addition, the Curse Client, an add-on management desktop application used to find, install and update user interface plug-ins, has 2.2 million active users. With a focus on online gaming, Curse sites complement games ranging from MMO's kingpin, World of Warcraft, to the strategy behemoth, Starcraft 2 and the genre defining shooter, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Online gaming enthusiasts depend on Curse for the tools and expertise they need to take their gaming to the next level.
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO WARDING FOR LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
So you think you know where to ward? I bet you’ll learn something from reading this guide – or you can continue to think you know everything already. Yes, it’s long but this guide is broken into sections based on map area and role. For example if you predominately play jungle then you should skip to the jungle section first.
For all those that think warding is just the job of the support – you are sorely mistaken. Map control is one of the most important concepts in this game. Without proper map control your team will lose games. Having a ward in the correct spot or removing vision from the enemy team can make or break team fights, baron and dragon attempts.
11/24/2012 - Added videos, new pictures and new items for season 3 patch
But first, this can't be the ultimate guide without at least covering the basics. I'll try to keep it brief.
- Sight Ward
- Vision Ward
New Wards in Season 3
THESE NEW ITEMS ARE OVERPOWERED AND ARE A MUST FOR ANY SUPPORT!
- Ruby Sightstone
UNIQUE Passive - Ward Refresh: Starts with 5 charges and refills each time you visit your shop.
UNIQUE Active - Ghost Ward(Active) : consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 3 wards placed from this item at once.
UNIQUE Passive - Ward Refresh: Starts with 4 charges and refills each time you visit your shop.
UNIQUE Active - Ghost Ward:Consumes a charge to place an invisible ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 2 wards placed from this item at once.
Why do you get wards?
- See incoming Ganks
- See attempts at objectives (Baron/Dragon)
- So your team can push advantage and invade enemy jungle
- Catch enemy jungler
- Split push enemy turrets
- Initiate on unexpecting enemy champions in brushes
- Allies can teleport gank or teleport and assist in team fights
Who Buys Wards?
- Everyone in the game. However the AD carry will likely buy the least amount and the support will generally buy the most during the course of the game.
- Generally speaking: 60-70% of the wards should be the Support. 20-30% should be jungler and 10-20% should be the AP and AD carry.
- Everyone buy's wards (not just the support)
Why vision is so important, as displayed on this clip below!
Certain champions can jump to wards and use them to hop over walls or to chase\escape enemy champions. It takes practice to get used to, but if used correctly, you can cover a lot of ground using wards. It's basically a 75 gold Flash, making it really useful.
Jax can use his Leap Strike to jump to a ward, making him very mobile. For 75 gold, he has an extra Flash that he can use every 6-10 seconds.
Katarina can use her Shunpo to instantly shift over to a ward or creep that she targets. It resets the cooldown after she gets an assist or kill, so using it on a ward to get a kill can allow you to Shunpo again.
Lee Sin is the 3rd champion that can jump to wards. He can use his Safeguard to leap over to a ward. If used correctly, you can place a ward in front of an enemy champion, Safeguard to it, and then kick the enemy champion into your team.
This build guide for Warwick is for top lane and is by Youngbuck, a platinum rated player on League of Legends. Lanewick has high sustain, extremely tanky and has an amazing late game. His suppression ultimate is very strong.